Friday, July 17, 2009

Mr Tea!

ER radio goes off, to my surprise, I'm getting a grown ass man that drank some tea he found in basement that he thought might be two years old; he wasn't really sure!  In rolls Mr Tea, both eyes closed and unable to open.  I thought PLEASE! I assist Mr Tea in his gown and gently laid his starched shirt on the side.  I explain our procedures (keeping him informed) and walked out the room to enter his unnnecessary ER visit in the computer.  When I return to the room, he opened those pittiful eyes to tell me I owe him for dry cleaning!  So I gingerly explained to him his clothing was in better condition than my last patients, I cut right up the side of the buttons with these fancy scissors they give us to work with!  I smiled with empathy!

6 comments:

  1. Sorry, Dude. When you come to the ER, getting clothes trashed is part of the deal, along with loss of modesty and strangers seeing your ass through the back of the gown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kinda dirty cutting non-trauma, non-unconscious dood's shirt off. I like it though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like he might have needed an enema.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connie, I'd like to send you an email.

    email me if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay so you know I'm new to blogging! How can I send a email?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just keep clicking until you find it. Like profile? Nope, no email. Blog? Oh, yep, there's an email listed on the blog. You should add some sort of email address to your profile so ppl can contact you :-) His email is pdxemt@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete